GSOLE Fellows (Sponsored Research)
GSOLE supports research into online literacy instruction, whether the literacy in question is reading, writing, or digital composition and especially if it combines any of those focal areas. We hope in the future to provide scholarships or monetary support to researchers although at this time GSOLE is unable to offer such funding. However, GSOLE currently is prepared to review research projects and, if appropriate, offer its support as a sponsoring organization. This is a useful benefit for independent scholars or scholars who want to attach the research to an international organization in addition to or instead of their own institution. (Please note that at this time and depending on their research projects, GSOLE Fellows may need to apply for institutional IRB approval outside of this organization.)
To be eligible for mentoring, you must be a GSOLE member.
Sponsorship offers these benefits:
- You will be designated as a GSOLE Fellow for a 2-year research period.
- You will be assigned to a GSOLE Research Reviewer who has experience in your proposed area of research
- You will be offered professional mentoring toward shaping and completing the research.
- The ROLE journal will review your first article written from the data and, if appropriate, publish it.
- GSOLE will offer a place on the website to publish appropriate raw data to enable other scholars to replicate your results.
Applying for Fellowships
To apply for sponsorship as a GSOLE Fellow, please provide:
- Updated CV
- Letter of interest in the GSOLE Fellowship
- Two-page description of your proposed research and a projected timeline for its completion to include methodological orientation and research methods being considered
- Contact information
- You must be a GSOLE member to apply for the Fellowship